The FRAME Architecture (officially called the European ITS Framework Architecture) was developed as a result of recommendations from the High Level Group on transport telematics, which were supported by a resolution of the Council of Ministers. It was created and first published by the EC funded project KAREN in October 2000. The underlying aim of this initiative was to promote the deployment of (mainly road-based) ITS in Europe by producing… read more
What kind of information do you want to find out about the FRAME Architecture?
- Seminars and/or Training
- Non-technical – Please see What is an ITS Architecture or Why do you need an ITS Architecture
- The FRAME Architecture and the ITS Action Plan
- Technical – What kind of technical information are you looking for?
- The FRAME Architecture itself –
- This is contained within two complementary tools, The Browsing Tool and The Selection Tool
- Articles on topics related to the FRAME Architecture – Please see Detailed information
- An answer to a specific question – Please see FAQs
- In depth Information about the FRAME Architecture – Please look in the Library